Italian Marelli Motori Group: Re-Location & Pre-Operational Business Setup & Compliance
Management at the Marelli Motori Group decided to re-locate its U.S. operations from Kentucky to a new location in Norcross, Georgia (Gwinnett County). The decision to make this move had been taken by Italian management prior to engaging Navigator Consulting in what was considered a strategic re-location focused on logistics, increased national & international sales travel, technical & professional recruitment and access to a larger U.S. customer base.
“Like any executive, setting up a new business long-distance from Italy – where our parent company is located – or from Kentucky, from where Marelli USA was relocating its U.S. operations to Atlanta, we depended on local support to get the business facility, that we had identified, prepared for our move. Navigator Consulting provided us excellent support handling the many administrative tasks required to lease space and open a business: identify vendors, control office buildout and set up official certifications and inspections. Navigator Consulting saved us invaluable time and money in completing and filing paperwork required for launching a new business. Through Mr. Blair’s extensive personal connections, we were introduced to decision-makers in the city and county who continue to support our firm’s expansion in Georgia.”
Marco Cavallero, General Manager, Marelli USA, Inc.
Our team at Navigator Consulting assisted Marelli management with the initial set-up of their leased office premises (utilities connections; business license; etc.) and the transition of their new management team to their 20,000 ft² facility. We designed a processual overview of all the steps necessary for this newly established business in the state Georgia to become operational and meet state and county certifications.
As trusted advisors to company management, we assisted in a range of administrative tasks and pre-operational compliance work, which encompassed a range of topics:
- Coordinate with respective project stakeholders to comply with all necessary steps;
- Apply for and comply with Certification of Occupancy Regulations;
- Identify and vet feasible logistics providers;
- Negotiate with local utility providers and file necessary documentation;
- Establish local support network among community and city officials;
- Liaise with local sanitation services pick-up services.
Moreover, throughout our collaboration, we helped our client “learn the ropes”, transferred a vast amount of knowledge to company management and made invaluable introductions to local-decision makers and a range of experienced local service providers who continue to create value for Marelli.
- Saving valuable time and money
- Reduction of coordination cost for company management, e.g. through effective project and stakeholder management
- Avoiding costly mistakes and mitigating project bottlenecks through thorough planning
- Establishing invaluable support network and partnerships among community and city decision-makers
- Access to invaluable support network of experienced service providers (e.g. construction managers or logistics providers) who help the client realize additional cost and time savings
We would like to thank the representatives of Gwinnett County and the City of Norcross for their tireless support for Marelli and its Italian and U.S. management. At every level they have made the company a welcome member of the local community.
About Marelli Motori Group
The Italian Marelli Motori Group was founded in 1881 and looks back at a rich tradition in setting new technological standards in manufacturing electrical motors and equipment. Nowadays, it provides electric rotating machines and a wide range of aftersales services to a range of major market sectors across 120 countries on four continents. The company is proud of designing and delivering equipment with the highest efficiency levels and services to an excellent standard.
- Industry: Industrial Machinery
- Products: Industrial Motors and Generators
- Jobs: 20
- Re-Location: to Norcross, Georgia (Gwinnett County) from Harrodsburg, Kentucky
- Our Services: Pre-operational business setup; state and local business compliance; incentives advisory